Video Game Memories

I clearly remember the first video game I ever played. I was really excited when my mom and dad had gotten me an entire gaming setup with a Playstation 2 for Christmas one year. Both told me to play Crash Bandicoot since it was supposed to be really fun. It was just about the silliest platformer you could think of. The protagonist was oddly proportioned and spoke in the form of strange noises, while the villain was extremely exaggerated. The series had some racing games, some platformers and they were all good. Despite how stupid they seemed from the outside, they were crazy fun. Even today, I own a remastered version of the game which is still just as fun and silly. Skylanders is one of the games that I remember the most vividly because it was so massive when I first got it. It was a toys to life game and that was fascinating to me. The different paths that they took the game in its different entries were fantastic and today, I still play it’s newer version every once and a while for a touch of nostalgia and fun. Another game that I remember very vividly is Minecraft for the Xbox 360. Sure I still play Minecraft today, but I don’t think it’s really the same as the fun I had on the 360 version. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a fantastic game, and I can’t wait to get it for the PS4. But the 360 version brings back so much nostalgia and I’m really sad that they stopped updating it because it’s probably the greatest game I’ve ever played.

Comments