Citizen Journalism vs. Traditional Journalism

Image result for citizen journalism
1. I think I personally find myself looking at different sources of citizen journalism mostly. It's not that I don't trust traditional journalism, it's just that it doesn't really always have the information I'm looking for. Whenever I need or want to look something up, mainstream news won't really be covering what I'm looking for but citizen journalists most likely will.

2. I certainly think that citizen journalism has shifted the conversation of news. It sort of exposes the mainstream media for the "fake news" or uncovered topic in large news outlets. It also probably changed which source of journalism many people use as their primary source of information, since many may have switched over to trusting citizen journalism.

3. I think citizen journalism pushes local stories more than anything, since it is written by smaller writers with more of a local interest.

4. I see a lot of local coverage as stated previously. I also personally see a lot of information on things that I personally will look up for school projects and just things that I am personally interested in.

Comments